{2015} June Reading

Wednesday, July 1, 2015


Books bought/received:
~ Uprooted by Naomi Novik
~ Stone in the Sky by Cecil Castellucci (Tin Star Book 2)
~ Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johanssen (The Queen of the Tearling Book 2)
~ The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell
~ Prudence by Gail Carriger (The Custard Protocol Book 1)
~ The Divine by Asaf Hanuka, Tomer Hanuka, and Boaz Lavie (review)
~ A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab (A Darker Side of Magic Book 1)
~ The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan
~ A Study in Silks by Emma Jane Holloway (The Baskerville Affair Book 1)
~ Ophelia by Jackie French (review)
~ Zarkora: The Fyrelit Tragedy by Nicholas and Alison Lochel (Zarkora Book 1) (review)
~ Way Down Dark by JP Smythe (The Australia Trilogy Book 1) (review)
~ Frostfire by Amanda Hocking (Kanin Chronicles Book 1) (review)
~ Ice Kissed by Amanda Hocking (Kanin Chronicles Book 2) (review)
~ The Simple Act of Reading edited by Debra Adelaide (review)
~ Peter Pan by J. M. Barrie (gift)
~ The Shape-Changer's Wife by Sharon Shinn (gift)

Books read:
~ A Table in the Orchard by Michelle Crawford
~ Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise by Gene Luen Yang, Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, Gurihiru, and Dave Marshall
~ Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Rift by Gene Luen Yang, Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, Gurihiru, and Dave Marshall
~ The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows (review)
~ The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell
~ Shards of Hope by Nalini Singh (Psy-Changeling Book 14) (review)
~ The Blackmail Blend by Livia Day (Cafe La Femme Book 1.5) (review)
~ The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan
~ The Art of Asking; or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let People Help by Amanda Palmer
~ The Divine by Asaf Hanuka, Tomer Hanuka, and Boaz Levie (review)

Phew!~
That was two long lists to compile there... and I feel sure that I have missed some things. Let me just say as a blanket statement here: I bought and received a lot of books this month, and I read a few. If you read nothing else in this post, at least you know that much!

I have been recovering from some serious burnout this month that is actually still going on - you only have to glance at my other posts to see it so I won't talk about it here. But that has influenced how much I have been reading, and what I have wanted to read this month.

A Table in the Orchard was just such a beautiful book, and I was reading it at a really turbulent time. It talked about moving to a country house in Tasmania, getting chickens, picking apples. Lots of amazing things that I have always wanted to do and I felt so comforted by this book. I have made one of the recipes out of this book (each chapter has one or two) and I hope to make more soon.

Avatar made a reappearance this month and I absolutely loved it. More please?

All of my reviews books will have links so you can see my thoughts, but I will just quickly mention that The Truth According to Us and The Blackmail Blend were standouts for me. They both gave me some of the comfort and intrigue that I was craving this month.

The Bookshop Book! Okay. I may have formed a bit of an obsession with Jen Campbell this month... I discovered her youtube channel and just started binge-watching everything she had put up. She has such interesting taste in things which kind of reflects my own taste to a certain extent (she likes dystopian stuff more than I do for sure, but she also loves Haruki Murakami!), and she is just such a lovely person that I decided I wanted to read The Bookshop Book. Imagine my delight when I found it in a local bookshop that I love! I gobbled this one up pretty quickly and it was just such a comforting read to learn about different bookshops all over the world.

Speaking of Jen Campbell, she also recommended a book on her channel known as The Gracekeepers, and even chatted to the author in a video. After hearing about it a few times, I decided to pick it up and oh my goodness I adored it. This is not doing good things for my Jen Campbell addiction, as it then made me want to read more things that she liked, and that is how I finally picked up Amanda Palmer's book The Art of Asking. And I loved that too. The obsession continues...

So, what are you reading at the moment?

0 whisperings:

Post a Comment

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top