Harry Potter Reading Challenge

Sunday, July 27, 2014
It could be a very silly idea (in fact, it probably is), but for my final week of holidays before I go back to University for second semester, I have dared myself to read all seven Harry Potter books in seven days.
Xin thinks I will get through five at most - he may be right. I started yesterday and managed to get through book one, and have started book two today. I worry.

Now, a few provisos to the challenge - I am not to put my health in danger at any point for this. That means, I sleep if I'm tired. I stop if my eyes start to hurt. I do other things like get exercise and spend time with other human beings. I eat. You know, the usual.

Xin has agreed that, if I manage to complete the challenge by midnight on Friday (first of August), then he will buy me the seventh book - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - in the children's UK edition, to match my set. I foolishly have the adult edition, which just looks bizarre, but I have never bothered to remedy the situation.



Anyway! That's what I will be up to this week! Have you ever done any reading challenges? How do you think I will go with mine? Also, if you have the time or the inclination, feel free to read some Harry Potter with me! Just let me know what you're reading and how you're going with it :D

Love to all who read~

2 comments:

  1. Abby and I have been doing a HP book/movie "marathon". It has taken us approximately six months to make it through the first three books and films, so I'd say you're doing pretty well! I always feel weirdly conflicted re-reading books (especially stuff I've re-read as much as HP) while my to-read list grows ever longer. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luke told me you guys were doing a marathon of sorts! I'm still in the fourth book, to be honest, and I'm quite comfortable there... :P
      I feel conflicted about that too, which is probably why I ended up reading other things while I was doing this challenge.. ah well. Enjoyable anyway! Thanks for commenting by the way! :D

      Delete

All content owned by Bethwyn Walker unless otherwise stated. Powered by Blogger.

books | chronic illness | lifestyle | wellbeing

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top